2008/11/09

Michael's Week in Mongolia

(written by Michael)

I was very grateful for the opportunity to spend a week in Mongolia, my first time in that country. The weather in Mongolia was unseasonably warm according to the locals, with the daytime temperatures being slightly above freezing. It actually was a nice change from the long summer in Taiwan.

I spent the week teaching the book of Romans, also a first for me to teach this book. It was a wonderful opportunity to be able to share the message of this book with the SBS students there.

I was also able to try some of the local foods, some horse meat which was very tender and tasted like beef -- I would not have known any different unless they had told me. I also was able to taste the local favourite beverage of choice: fermented mares' milk -- keeps you warm on a cold winter's day!

The best thing about any trip is being able to be with the local believers and seing the growth of the church (the church in Mongolia is only about 18 years old). Many thanks to Amy for holding down the fort at home, no easy task with our busy household.

No comments: