2008/11/30

Get me outta here!

It was Sunday afternoon, we had just finished up with lunch and were looking forward to putting some of the kids down for naps, having a cup of tea, and relaxing for a bit on our 'rest day'...

... until Anaya climbed on top of the dehumidifier and fell off -- landing face down. She cried a bit, then settled down on my lap. A few minutes later Elise noticed, "Anaya's bleeding!". Sure enough, she had split her chin open, so off to the ER she went with Michael & Kenna (to help :)).

Anaya, being our more stubborn, I-don't-do-anything-I-don't-want-to-do child, had lots of fun being strapped down to the stretcher. To the doctor's amazement, she managed to wriggle her hands out, smiling & waving them around, "Look at me!" They re-strapped her in and she was still doing ok, until they covered up her face to shield her eyes from the bright light, leaving a hole for the chin to stitch her up. At that point she yelled as loud as she possibly could, "Get me outta here!" and then started screaming.

When Michael dropped her back home and went to park the van, I asked her about her visit to the hospital: "How was it?" Good. "Did you cry?" No. "Did it hurt when the doctor stitched you up?" Not really. "Can I see your owie? (Juts chin out) Mom! Look at my candy the doctor gave me!

When Michael came in the door, I asked, "How was it?" Well, she was a bit of a handful. "Did she cry?" Ohhh -- she screamed! Did they strap her down? They sure did! And she didn't like it one bit, you should've heard her...

Well, so much for our quiet Sunday afternoon, guess we'll try again next week. :-)

2 comments:

Rachel Sarah said...

the same child that got into the peanut butter?! It's good you're recording these stories for future family reminiscing. I'm glad she's okay. :>)

Anonymous said...

mm how come these things always happen when one wants a rest?