2008/12/22

We seem to have a repeated theme...

We picked Kenna up from school this afternoon, and met up with friends on the road as we were walking back...

The girls invited Ella to come over and play dress up, and they started off, excitedly running down the alley towards the back gate. Except that Anaya, running to catch up with them, biffed it on her way down the hill. I picked her up, holding her and trying to comfort her, thinking, "that was a pretty hard fall." Then, once again, someone pointed out to me that she was bleeding... we wiped her off, and seconds later I was calling Anna, "Hi, can my kids play at your house instead? ... uhhh... I need to take Anaya in for more stitches!"

As soon as she heard that, Anaya began repeating, "No! I don't wanna lay down! I don't wanna lay down!" She remembered very vividly being totally strapped down on the stretcher the last time she got stitches: 3 weeks ago! (see Nov 30 entry)

She made it through -- lots of crying, but 6 stitches to the forehead and 2 to the lip later, she was good to go!

You can see she is enjoying her candy-afterward treat (thanks auntie Anna)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh dear Anaya - you must slow down ! that treat looks real good though!
Aunty Lynette