2008/08/19

Helpers :-)

I often lay with the kids for a few minutes at night when putting them to bed -- we talk about the day, they ask questions, beg for stories, and we pray together.

When there were just the 3 girls, Elise often used to ask for a brother. I told her we were finished at 3, but if she really really wanted a brother, she could pray for a miracle. (Well, I guess we know who God listens to ;-)) The other night, Elise was reminiscing about this, which got the kids to asking for another sibling, to which I responded by saying that they are all very special gifts from God, but we are definitely finished at four! So, Kenna says, "Why mom, don't you want to have more helpers?"

In a season where all you feel you ever do is clean up, pick up, wipe up spills, do mountains of laundry, tackle stacks of dishes, and work at never-ending housework -- all you can do is smile. :-) Yes... I dearly love my 'helpers'! :-)

No comments: